Inspiring a lifetime of adventure
Our residential trips for primary schools provide children with a mix of creative, challenging and practical skills-building experiences. Through a range of outdoor adventure, bushcraft and forest-schools inspired activities primary school children can enjoy fun and active days, evenings spent playing games, toasting marshmallows and telling stories around the campfire.
“Our children thoroughly enjoyed the variety of activities, which were run by fun-loving team members, who ensured all children were encouraged and safe. We, as a school, would recommend a visit by any school – we were so impressed we have booked again”. De Havilland Primary School
Our options for shorter residential stays provide the perfect overnight school trip introduction for pupils in Years 3 and 4.
An invaluable opportunity for older pupils to benefit from the learning opportunities that the great outdoors provides.
Whatever the weather, time spent outdoors offers a unique opportunity for learning to be embedded back in the classroom
To help teachers and group leaders get the most out of their time with us. Find out how to book, plan and promote your trip
Our 1 or 2-night residential trips for primary schools provide the perfect overnight school trip introduction for pupils in Years 3 and 4. The flexibility of a shorter residential trip gives primary schools the opportunity to introduce younger pupils to the experience of being away from home as well as providing vital outdoor learning opportunities. Our one and two-night residential trips for primary schools also provide a cost-effective solution to ensure schools can offer their pupils an affordable primary school trip, whatever the budget.
“Our Year 3 pupils enjoyed a wonderful residential trip, thanks to Wildchild’s dedicated staff running great activities. It was a fantastic outdoor experience for our children, many of whom had never spent a night away from home. An exciting, fun-filled adventure led by a team who we really felt wanted us to get the most out of the experience. The children loved it – thank you!” Devonshire House Prep School
Our residential trip for primary school activities are carefully chosen to support learning objectives for early KS2 including:
– Building independence
– Personal development
– The introduction of new challenges
– Developing social skills
– Building resilience
With a choice of shorter two-night stays or week-long residential trips for primary schools, Years 5 and 6 pupils are provided an invaluable opportunity to experience the great outdoors, and benefit from the many learning opportunities it brings.
As children adapt to the challenges brought about by SATS and Secondary school preparation, a Wildchild residential trip for primary schools can be an outdoor education opportunity to build on the skills they need to help them thrive and excel during these final Primary School years. Or it could be the perfect way to celebrate and simply have fun with their peers before going their separate ways in Year 7.
“Our Year 6 cohort had a fabulous time at Wildchild Adventure in 2019. The children were constantly entertained and challenged by the Wildchild Instructors who were also very dedicated and helpful! All transitions ran smoothly, and we were extremely impressed with the facilities!” George Tomlinson Primary School
Our residential primary school trip adventure programmes for Years 5 and 6 are chosen with your key learning objectives in mind. Activities can be adapted to:
– Develop team-building skills
– Forge stronger relationships with peers
– Build independence and encourage perseverance
– Give pupils the opportunity to challenge themselves and try something new
– Build resilience and determination
– Encourage cooperation and communication
– Fit in with school topics to enhance classroom learning
– Provide a few days of fun and enjoyment as a reward for pupils’ hard work at school, and a celebration of their time at Primary School.
Choose from our outdoor activity centres in Hertfordshire or Surrey where our woodland indoor lodges or stylish, underfloor heated glamping pods provide a cosy overnight stay for younger pupils or primary schools looking for an Autumn/Winter residential primary school trip, while our bell tented camping village provides the authentic under canvas experience in the warmer months for older children and those keen to enjoy the camping experience.
Our wide-choice of outdoor adventurous, Bushcraft and Team-building activities are designed to challenge, introduce primary school children to new activities, uncover new strengths, improve confidence and above all ensure that they have great fun!
These are just some of the activities children can enjoy on a Wildchild residential trip for primary schools:
1. Wild Camp outs – children love our traditional canvas bell tents… almost as much as the teachers who get to enjoy a taste of glamping!
2. Fire lighting – nothing like toasting marshmallows on a fire you’ve built yourself!
3. Abseiling – It’s the reward for working so hard to climb to the top – abseiling back down!
4. Scavenger hunt – navigate around the woods collecting woodland items along the way.
5. Teambuilding games – playing games in the great outdoors – what’s not to love?
6. Shelter building – working as a team kids love to get creative building their own woodland den
7. Zipwire – stepping off the ledge to whizz through the air – no adrenalin rush quite like it!
8. Traditional Campfire– At the end of an exhilarating day’s activities it’s time for hot chocolate round the campfire
9. Making bug hotels – children love to use woodland leaves and foliage to make their very own animal shelters.
10. Crate stacking – great for team-building – testing nerve and balance while those crates just keep on coming!
"Our children thoroughly enjoyed the variety of activities, which were run by fun-loving team members, who ensured all children were encouraged and safe. We, as a school, would recommend a visit by any school – we were so impressed we have booked again."
De Havilland Primary School
"Our Year 3 pupils enjoyed a wonderful residential trip, thanks to Wildchild’s dedicated staff running great activities. It was a fantastic outdoor experience for our children, many of whom had never spent a night away from home. An exciting, fun-filled adventure led by a team who we really felt wanted us to get the most out of the experience!"
Devonshire House Prep School
"It was the wholesome, outdoorsy experience these kids desperately need while growing up in London."
Hugh Myddleton Primary School
"We switched to using Wildchild as our Year 4 residential trip recently and have been incredibly impressed with the service offered. Rebooking for this year and next year was a non-negotiable for us! I would not hesitate to recommend them and can’t wait to return!"
Fairlands Primary School
"Wildchild’s ethos matches our own – teamwork, challenge and encouragement to face difficulties."
Westfield Primary School
"Our Year 6 cohort had a fabulous time at Wildchild Adventure in 2019. The children were constantly entertained and challenged by the Wildchild Instructors who were also very dedicated and helpful! All transitions ran smoothly, and we were extremely impressed with the facilities!"
George Tomlinson Primary School
"Kids loved it and we are returning next year. Fantastic outdoor experience and different from PGL."
Allfarthing Primary School