Bushcraft Instructor – Residential trips for schools
At Wildchild Adventure we specialise in immersive outdoor adventure residential trips and outdoor adventure days for Primary and Secondary school pupils aged 7+. A small but dynamic company, our successful formula of outdoor experiences means we are enjoying rapid growth and are looking for experienced Bushcraft Instructors to work on a freelance basis and as part of our team. If you have Bushcraft experience and feel passionately about sharing your skills and knowledge with young people we would love to hear from you!
What does the role involve?
• To develop and deliver outstanding bushcraft activities to groups of young people on our residential adventure camps.
• Plan and prepare activity sessions, including equipment, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by yourself, other members of staff and the children in your care, including health and safety and safeguarding procedures.
We are looking for someone who:
• Possesses solid Bushcraft or Forest Schools skills with a track record of delivering bushcraft sessions for young people in an educational environment.
• Interest in sharing knowledge as well as training and supporting a team
• Enthusiasm for creating modern and playful experiences
• Enjoys working with children
• Is confident and outgoing with excellent communications skills
• Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner.
At least one of either:
- Forest Schools Level 3 Leader qualification.
- IOL Bushcraft Competency Award
- NCFE Advanced Bushcraft Award Level 3 or NCFE Bushcraft Leadership Level 4
- Valid DBS Certificate
- Outdoor First Aid Qualification
Rate of pay: competitive salary
Days: Weekdays May to October (Hours to suit)
To apply for this role or for more information please email your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org