Senior Camp Leader – Residential trips for schools
We’re looking for a motivated senior camp leader to join our team working on our school residential trips and summer camps on an outdoor centre in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire.
Responsible for the overall smooth running and delivery of each residential trip, the successful candidate will have excellent motivational and leadership skills, be comfortable managing a team and have some experience or knowledge of the outdoor education sector.
This is a freelance/seasonal position running from March to October, with the potential to extend the contract for the right person. This is a unique opportunity to join our rapidly growing organisation, and for the right candidate there is the opportunity to help us grow and shape the direction of our organisation and take on a lead development role going forward.
The role will involve:
• Overseeing and ensuring the day-to-day smooth running of our residential school trips.
• Managing a team of camp activity leaders and crew to ensure they have the relevant support, information, activities and procedures in place to coordinate their groups of children and run safe and successful activity programmes.
• Communicating activity and logistical information to and between teachers and camp staff, ensuring everyone has a clear knowledge of their roles and responsibilities.
• Taking overall responsibility for the successful delivery of each residential camp.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is confident and outgoing
• Is a natural leader able to motivate and manage a team
• Has excellent communication skills with children and adults
• Is flexible and reliable
• Is confident making decisions and problem solving.
• Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner.
• Has an interest/previous experience in outdoor education.
Full training and mentoring will be provided. Previous experience in outdoor education environment desirable.
This role could be perfect for someone looking to develop or further a career in outdoor education.
Rate of pay: competitive salary
March to October
Meals and accommodation included.
To apply for this role or for more information please email your CV and covering email to email@example.com