Outdoor Camp Crew – Residential trips for schools
Rate of pay: Voluntary/work experience role
Location: Kings Langley, Hertfordshire
When: Hours to suit
Our volunteer camp crew position is ideal for those looking for work experience in outdoor education, and/or summer/school holiday work experience. It’s also perfect training for the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Camp crew members are key to the smooth running of each camp. Assisting with the delivery of activities, liaising with activity leaders, camp manager and teachers to ensure information is communicated clearly, delivering the evening activities and assisting with the general running of the camp on a day to day basis – this is a varied and active role, perfect for anyone looking for that first step toward a career in outdoor education.
The role will involve:
Assist in the preparation and deliver of activities.
– Ensure all participants are engaged and having fun in a safe environment.
– Assist with supervision of evening activity programme.
– Supervision of children outside of activity times.
– Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance, preparing the camp fire etc)
We are looking for someone who:
– Is confident and outgoing
– Has excellent communication skills
– Is flexible and reliable
– Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner.
– Has an interest in the outdoors, education and/or adventure.
Full on the job training and mentoring will be provided.
This role could be perfect for someone looking to develop or further a career in outdoor education. To apply for this role or for more information please email your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org