Camp Leader – Residential trips for schools
The Camp Leader is responsible for the overall smooth running and delivery of each residential trip. With strong motivational and leadership skills they will be comfortable managing a team and the ideal candidate will have some experience or knowledge of the outdoor education sector.
The role will involve:
• Overseeing and ensuring the day-to-day smooth running of residential activity camps.
• Managing a team of camp activity leaders and crew to ensure they have the relevant support, information, activities and procedures in place to coordinate their groups of children and run safe and successful activity programmes.
• Communicating activity and logistical information to and between teachers and camp staff, ensuring everyone has a clear knowledge of their roles and responsibilities.
• Taking overall responsibility for the successful delivery of each residential camp.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is confident and outgoing
• Is a natural leader able to motivate and manage a team
• Has excellent communication skills with children and adults
• Is flexible and reliable
• Is confident making decisions and problem solving.
• Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner.
• Has an interest in outdoor education.
Full on the job training and mentoring will be provided. Experience of working with children and/or in the outdoor education sector is preferable but not essential.
This role could be perfect for someone looking to develop or further a career in outdoor education.
Rate of pay: competitive salary
May to October
Meals and accommodation (camping) included.
To apply for this role or for more information please email your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org