Outdoor Activity Leader – Residential trips for schools
Outdoor Activity leaders play an essential part in the successful delivery of our Residential Adventure trips for schools. In overseeing and delivering activities to children aged 7+, they will take overall responsibility for their group during their stay, and share a pastoral care role with the teachers. Confident and good communicators they will be energetic, enthusiastic and enjoy working with children in the great outdoors. Reporting to the Camp Manager and assisted by Camp Crew they will share responsibility for the smooth running and delivery of each camp.
What does the role involve?
• Preparation and delivery of activities which can include Team-building, Cratestacking, Pot-holing, Bushcraft, Archery and Climbing.
• Ensure all participants are engaged and having fun in a safe environment.
• Assist in the delivery of evening activity programmes.
• Supervision of children outside activity times
• Other ad-hoc duties.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is confident and outgoing
• Has excellent communication skills
• Is flexible and reliable
• Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner.
• Has an interest in outdoor adventurous activities and education and enjoys the outdoors.
Full on the job training and mentoring will be provided. Experience of working in the outdoor education sector is preferable but not essential.
Rate of pay: competitive salary
Days: Monday to Sunday May to October (Hours to suit)
This role could be perfect for someone looking to develop or further a career in outdoor education. To apply for this role or for more information please email your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org