When it comes to booking your school residential trip there is a lot to consider – budget, location, activities and staffing to name just a few. Choosing the right residential school trip provider should be top of the list, and if you get that right they can help you plan all the logistics and make the right decisions to get the most out of your school residential trip.
There are many reasons why we feel a Wildchild residential school trip is the right choice for any school looking for a good value, high quality trip – here are our Top 5!
1. Starting at £99 we offer flexible, affordable residential school trip programmes for primary and secondary schools to suit every budget. We don’t set a minimum stay, so your residential trip can be adapted to suit the age of the pupils and your objectives. Whether you’re looking for a one night confidence building adventure for younger children, a week away for your Year 6 leavers or a challenging experience to aid the Secondary school transition – we can design the perfect residential programme to suit.
2. We offer a wide range of exciting bushcraft and outdoor adventure activities that can be combined to create a tailored, fully bespoke residential itinerary designed to meet classroom objectives. Our staff have many years’ experience working with primary and secondary schools and tailoring residential trips to meet curriculum objectives, and we would work with you to create an itinerary to meet your overall aims and objectives. So whether you’re looking for a bushcraft survival type experience to help pupils learn practical skills and encourage independence, an outdoor activity programme to work on teambuilding skills, or a unique combination to meet a number of objectives and suit different learners – we can help you tailor your activities accordingly.
3. Our traditional canvas bell tents provide an authentic, back to nature camping experience, and provide a restful, relaxing base for children to enjoy some much needed down time in between activities on their school residential trip. You can choose to have bunk beds in the pupils’ tents in place of traditional sleeping mats, leaving extra space inside the tent for added comfort.
4. Teachers work hard all year and deserve to be looked after, so our ’glamping’ style teacher accommodation aims to provide all the comfort of home. Our spacious canvas bell tents provide partitioned sleeping areas and teachers can look forward to a restful nights’ sleep after a busy day on their double air bed.
5. Every child attending a Wildchild residential trip for schools receives their own Adventure Journal – their own personal record of their time away providing a useful link between their residential experience and the classroom.
Located within easy reach of London and the M25 our school residential trips take place at outdoor centres with acres of natural woodland, giving children the opportunity to get back to nature and develop a love of the outdoors.
We hold regular preview evenings, giving teachers the chance to tour the site, view the facilities and meet our residential school trip team.
To request more information or a free quotation click here
- How much? The real cost of expensive school trips
- Give your pupils (and teachers) a digital detox in 2019
- Top tips to help teachers and pupils get the most from a school residential trip
- Outdoor Adventure activities to celebrate 10 years of Wildchild!
- School Residential trips aren't just for Summer!
- How teachers can reinvigorate children’s learning and reduce exam stress
- Why an outdoor education job could be the key to health and happiness
- Wildchild Adventure - supporting Brilliant Residential trips for schools
- 5 great reasons to choose a Wildchild residential school trip
- Taking learning outside - the benefits of school residentials